Water is an essential element for any event. In fact, it is the most consumed element on-site at 15Hatfields. Even though our planet is covered by 70% water, it remains a finite and valuable resource. So, by reducing water usage in events, we can help preserve this precious resource, preserve energy, reduce carbon emissions and minimise our environmental impact.
By making simple yet impactful changes, we aim to lead the way in promoting sustainable practices in event management while creating unforgettable experiences for our clients.
Take a look at some of our ongoing measures at 15Hatfields:
- We installed a smart meter to help monitor our water usage during events.
- Energy bills are based on usage rather than estimate, allowing us to make savings and use the money saved to further invest in our sustainability initiatives.
- Our Brita filtration machine eliminates the need to purchase plastic water bottles. It also helps keep down electricity costs associated with keeping the water cold by £60k a year.
- We were the first central London venue to register with Refill London as a public refill station to encourage using reusable bottles.
- We use glass bottles instead of plastic bottles for water. This has helped stop around 2.5 million single-use plastic water bottles from going to landfill.
Heating and waste
- We have invested in spray taps and dual flush toilets to reduce the amount of water waste we produce.
- Our rooftop solar panels now provide over 90% of our hot water.
Read our top tips to help you save water in your own lives too.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more