Our event venue is full of stories and an embodiment of our commitment to recycling, with repurposed products woven into the fabric of the building.
We're passionate about avoiding waste going to landfill. We work closely with our partners to combat single usage and encourage recycling beyond our venue.
Here are some of the many ways we implement recycling at 15Hatfields:
- We have a comprehensive recycling policy with compartmentalised bins and clear signage throughout the venue. You can read more about our recycling partner Pulse in our blog post.
- To prevent non-recyclable rubbish from ending up in landfill, we've partnered with Pulse Environmental. They take this rubbish to a local carbon capture energy recovery plant in Deptford to be recycled.
- The scientists and material application specialists at TerraCycle have developed ways to recycle materials that have been previously considered unrecyclable.
Fabric of the building
- The reception desk and bar at 15Hatfields are made from recycled fabric conditioner bottles. We sourced the materials from Smile Plastics, a UK-based micro-factory that transforms plastic waste into quality, decorative materials.
- The cushions and the banquette covers are made from end-of-the-line seatbelts.
- Our heat mats are made from recycled plastic coffee cups.
- Our poser tables are made from recycled plastic and made in the UK. We donate unused equipment to local homeless shelters.
- Our coasters are expertly created from old tyres and the floors feature carpets woven from 80% Kashmiri goats’ hair and 20% wool.
- The doormat you wipe your feet on is made from recycled tyres.
- Our cutlery contains at least 90% recycled steel content made in Sheffield.
- All glassware used throughout the venue is 100% recycled.
- Notepads are available made from 100% recycled paper with pencils made from recycled newspapers.
- We sourced whiteboards and FSC-certified wood to put together our own flip charts.
The Cup Fund
- We partnered with local groups in 2020 to introduce a local recycling scheme for takeaway coffee cups, saving 1000s from going to landfill.
- Due to the complex nature of their paper and plastic composition, these cups require separate collection and handling. The scheme successfully ensured they could be recycled safely and securely.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more