Event professionals are often keen to reduce their carbon footprint but sometimes lack the means to do so. We've amalgamated new techniques, suppliers, materials and methodologies to cut carbon emissions in events.
Below are just a few of the many ways we are doing so:
- We give event professionals the option and tools required to make their event hybrid. This greatly enhances the number of people that can attend while also significantly reducing carbon emissions associated with travel.
- We introduced the industry's first Online Daily Delegate Rate (ODDR) to help support the creation of hybrid events and simultaneously reduce their carbon footprint. This has been rolled out at well over 100 events.
- Eden Caterers has partnered with tree planting charity Letting Grow to plant more than 50 Native Mixed Broadleaf trees across Hampshire since 2021, through 15Hatfields food orders.
- Our recycling company guarantees that 100% of our recycling waste is recycled, with any non-recyclable waste going into the local carbon capture energy recovery plant in Deptford. You can read more about our recycling partners in our blog post putting recycling under the spotlight!
- The vast majority of our food suppliers, including our main caterer Eden, are local so they don’t have to travel far, thus helping to cut carbon emissions.
- Our general manager, Warren Campbell, has pledged to walk all journeys that take less than 30 minutes to reduce reliance on vehicles to travel. He will therefore always visit suppliers like Eden on foot.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more