Reducing food waste
- We have created our very own dedicated food waste management policy. All staff members have been trained to help eliminate food waste themselves and to help educate clients on how they can do so.
- Clients can submit final numbers for catering right up to 4pm the day before their event. This helps the chefs ensure only the precise amount of food is prepared to greatly reduce food waste.
- Any food waste is sent to Biogen Food Recycling Plant for processing.
- We worked with our fellow ECOsmart Platinum accredited venue peers to put together a food waste reduction guide for others to use.
Food miles report
- We introduced an optional food miles report for event organisers. This provides their exact food miles for each item ordered and consumed.
- Our vegetarian mezze is broken down per ingredient. Beetroot is sourced from Gloucestershire, mozzarella from London, eggs from Somerset and tomatoes from Lea Valley.
Daily Vegan Rate
- We introduced an industry-first Daily Vegan Rate in April 2019. The rate offers extensive vegan options for event planners to allow for their menu choices to be more sustainable and ethically sourced. We have seen a huge surging demand for entirely plant-based menus.
- Our menus are 80% vegetarian and vegan, and 20% certified sustainable fish or Red Tractor Farm-assured meat.
Responsibly sourced food
- Fine dining – Boulevard Events have partnered with us on a 100% palm oil free selection of canapés and dishes. The fairtrade family caterers offer their kitchen facilities two nights a week at no charge to Streets Kitchen who prepare meals for the local community.
- Mozzo Coffee – coffee sales go towards supporting coffee farming communities in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Alcoholic drinks – Toast Ale has B Corp status and supplies us with a variety of alcoholic beverages created from surplus bread. We also offer wines sourced from carbon-neutral vineyard Yealands.
- Teapigs is a plastic-free certified B Corp that supplies Rainforest Alliance everyday brew. Its in-house ethical scheme sees donations made to the Point Foundation with every sale.
- The milk we serve is organic and comes from English dairies, and our biscuits are made in the UK with fully recyclable packaging.
- Other menu options, such as cakes and flapjacks are sourced from local Blackbird Bakery and served on slate trays sourced from Batley in North Yorkshire.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more