We love being part of the Bankside district in London. Here are some of the highlights of the community initiatives we have championed over the years:
- Over 285,000 cups of coffee are drunk every hour in the UK. The complex nature of the paper and plastic contained within most takeaway coffee cups makes recycling a challenge. Instead of being recycled, many are incinerated, sent to landfill or left as litter on the street.
- In 2020, we worked alongside Better Bankside, Team London Bridge and the environmental charity Hubbub to help launch The Cup Fund. The project offered a local recycling scheme for takeaway coffee cups to help reduce waste.
- Bankside sees some of the highest daily footfall in London. To help combat the issue, 20 specially designed coffee cup recycling bins were installed across the area. This was not only to encourage the public to recycle their coffee cups, but to also ensure those cups could be properly recycled.
- An office collection service of coffee cups was introduced. This means takeaway coffee consumed in office environments can also be recycled effectively.
Save the Bees
- As part of our ‘Save The Bees, Go Wild and Sow Your Seeds’ campaign, we donated more than two million wildflower seeds to delegates and event bookers. This helped prevent the decline of bees in the UK which are an integral part of the ecosystem.
- 15Hatfields was Highly Commended for 'Best Sustainable Initiative' in the 2018 National Conference Awards for this.
- 15Hatfields has supported the #OneLess campaign, launched in 2018, aiming to raise awareness of ocean pollution and reduce plastic bottle waste.
- 29 drinking fountains have been installed around London and we've worked with over 94 businesses to remove single-use plastic water bottles.
- By investing in an in-house UV filtration and carbonation system, we have provided filtered and cooled still and sparkling water. This avoids polluting our rivers and oceans.
- 15Hatfields was the first free water refill venue in central London.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more