Operating an event venue requires a substantial amount of energy. Energy from fossil fuels will not last forever, and using it creates a huge amount of emissions.
To help create a more sustainable future, we ensure that the energy we use comes from renewable sources. Here's how:
- All food waste is processed through anaerobic digestion.
- The food waste is broken down and then repurposed into renewable energy. This has prevented 188 tonnes of food waste a year from going to landfill.
- LED bulbs used throughout the venue have a 25,000-hour light life and use 10x less energy than halogen bulbs.
- All electricity is certified to be from 100% renewable sources, and lights in the washroom and kitchen are motion-sensitive to further reduce energy use.
- We have invested in new HD laser projectors for our events. These projectors are quieter and use less energy, helping to reduce their environmental impact when in use.
- Where possible, all of our electrical equipment is triple A-rated.
- Over 90% of our hot water is provided by rooftop solar panels.
- We filter and chill our water using a Vivreau filtration machine which reduces the amount of electricity we use to keep our water cool.
All Sustainable Development Goals
From coffee cups to beehives, explore the local initiatives we've been supporting at 15Hatfields. Read more
Explore the brands that match our values and demonstrate commitment to sustainable events. Read more
#SDG11: Supporting local
Minimising food miles, reducing travel and helping small, local businesses to thrive are all on the agenda. Read more
From vegan DDRs to waste reduction strategies, our work puts sustainable food at the top of the events agenda. Read more
#SDG12: Single-use plastic
We've been on a mission to #MakePlasticHistory so the use of single-use items in events becomes a thing of the past. Read more
Explore our top tips for simple but effective water-saving techniques and filtration systems. Read more
#SDG13: Carbon emissions
Reducing travel and cutting carbon emissions is encouraged among staff and clients alike. Read more
#SDG13: Palm oil
We won't stop until we see the complete eradication of palm oil - see how you can make a start in joining us. Read more
As part of our zero to landfill goal, we get creative with the recycling initiatives at 15Hatfields. Read more